Saturday, July 31, 2010

Surf's up

whitley bay surfers

New camera.....this was taken from the bottom of the street looking North maybe a mile or so....

full zoom

.....and this one looking South from Marconi Point (on the Whitley Bay/Cullercoats boundary) towards Tynemouth (about 3km as the seagull flies)

So I bought myself a little retirement present, a Fuji Finepix HS10 with an in-built 30x zoom lens (I know my limits, I'd never, ever get around to changing a lens and anyway my camera bag....one of those re-usable Co-op carriers, yep, I'm a class act!.....is always filled with onion skins, semi-sucked sweets and half-done crosswords) But the compact still has a safe place in the broad scheme of things, for one thing it fits in my pocket!

flag bearer

1 comment:

sleepyduck said...

It's reassuring to see that the photos taken with the new camera are every bit as good as the ones taken with the old camera :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails