Friday, May 16, 2008

Haven't got time to read that now.....

....but monkiri could be the answer. Someone asked me where I got ideas for posts a while back, and until early this week it involved keeping an open email to me-at-home while I was at work, then copying and pasting possible links to content until hometime as and when I came across them. monkiri allows you (after registering and downloading a 'button' for your Internet Explorer or Firefox toolbar) to 'snap' an area of the screen and quickly add a title that automatically posts to your monkiri blog along with the address of the source page and any text you feel inclined to include....you can have as many as you like, so great for research purposes. It doesn't seem to have a huge take-up so far (as of today I was top of the list of posters with 30!) Check out the story so far here (I'm treating it as a sort of visual sieve for content....and it's a lot better than a load of individual daily emails cluttering my inbox!) I've used a rather retro, minimalistic template that sits comfortably with my geeky work persona.....there's other, more visually attractive templates available!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

really great tool...

just drag n...
it will store the source URL + screenshot

and also allows you to transfer the post to other blogging sites like Blogger and WordPress.

:) cool great find

Anonymous said...

gr8 tool,

and now it supports other blog services like Blogger or WordPress.

Related Posts with Thumbnails