Friday, June 29, 2007

The Nigerian Scam.....and I'm an all-time winner!

I've had to do a bit (OK, a lot) of registrations for online services this week for the Berlin fieldtrip. I made the mistake of using my Yahoo mail address for some of them.....whoops, remind me not to do THAT again! On Thursday alone I had 10 emails telling me that (in total) I'd won slightly in excess of £15million in various European lotteries (spelling and grammar universally atrocious!) and also could also help out miscellaneous widows, orphans and cancer sufferers, thereby netting a further £8.5million in the process.....and all I needed to do was provide my bank details to rake in the cash. Maybe I'll keep the day job! There's a selection in the shared box for your delectation. DON'T CLICK ON ANY LIVE EMAIL LINKS, unless you want to take them on at their own game!!!!

Check here for some Nigerian scam entertainment UK style "The Massage Parlour Proprietor" counter-scam is particularly good! "Baiting the scammers" could become an Olympic sport!

AND here's some videos...first off, "A Dramatisation of 419".....the typical message, by Ze Frank

then we move into an american "expose" in 4 parts.....
Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

and if you've made it this far, here's a clip about what "they" are doing about it....well, maybe! My money's still on the "let's con the conners" option, at least we could have some fun!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails