Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Tunnel vision


highlevelwalkway2, originally uploaded by moclaydon.
What's the world coming to, I ask you......this picture is 10 days old! (I really must get my act together, blame it on the bloody weather......or something!)......it's the High Level Bridge and that guy on the left was singing to himself......I moved out of the way sharpish.

OTHER STUFF

This one's for my Ma, sis and bro-in-law who actually 'lived the dream'

 

"Moscow-Vladivostok: virtual journey on Google Maps

The great Trans Siberian Railway, the pride of Russia, goes across two continents, 12 regions and 87 cities. The joint project of Google and the Russian Railways lets you take a trip along the famous route and see Baikal, Khekhtsirsky range, Barguzin mountains, Yenisei river and many other picturesque places of Russia without leaving your house. During the trip, you can enjoy Russian classic literature, brilliant images and fascinating stories about the most attractive sites on the route."

It's in real time......apparently 9 days worth, though I can't swear to it.....I recommend the Russian radio station or the 'rumble of wheels' as your traveling soundtrack.....
(you can join the train anywhere on the map, you don't have to do the full trip!)

Climb aboard here, don't forget your sandwiches!

And talking of timewasting.......

 

There's a nice point-and-click game here

4 comments:

Jon Storey said...

Hmm? Never been on the HIgh Level must have a look...

Jan said...

I've bookmarked that train journey - somewhere I always wanted to go!

chaiselongue said...

Thanks for the link to the Trans-Siberian journey - something I've wanted to do. Must have a look at it when I've got 9 days to spare!!

impoftheyard said...

Must check out the train journey. Great little game!

PS I love your shot. I've also been finding it hard to take pictures lately. I think it's the fact that winter doesn't seem to be done with us yet.

Related Posts with Thumbnails