Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Longest Day. So that must make tomorrow the start of the run-up to christmas then....

....and Ma tells me that she's already seen a festive-themed TV advert, so it must be true (our resident grumpy-old-woman.....OK, so that'll be me....was reported to have said, "in MY day we weren't even allowed to MENTION christmas until after bonfire night otherwise it was tears before bedtime") In recognition of the fact that the nights will be 'drawing in' starting tomorrow, I thought I'd better go looking for winter-themed music to suit the downturn in mood.....though just a suspicion of summer would have been kinda nice.......

Found this, celebrating the winter solstice in all it's forms, at Na Bula Bula.....always my first port-of-call when I want music that's just that little bit out of the ordinary (first dicovered when I wanted some background music for a family, middle-eastern themed feast). You can download the whole CD/LP via RapidShare, links at the bottom of the post (the first file, 0, is the album art should you want it, links 1 and 2 take you straight to the music download pages....you may have to wait a few minutes before downloading the 2nd file if you're using the 'free' option as I do) Files are in .rar format, to unzip you'll need Winrar installed....download it free here

Enough blether, here's a taster from Georgia.....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails