Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Recipe.....

I'm posting this after a request from Anne and John (actually, what they REALLY asked for was for me to make them some!) I couldn't find the original recipe I'd made up but this is the nearest I can come up with after perusing the interwebs (and my kitchen cupboards for available ingredients).....it smells and tastes reasonably close to the original!

Pretendy 'Old Bay Seasoning Mix'

'T' stands for tablespoon
and 't' stands for teaspoon (both heaped)

4T salt
2T celery salt
2T paprika (you could use smoked if you happen to have it)
1T dried english mustard powder
1T white pepper
1T kalonji (onion seeds)
1T ground cumin
1t nutmeg
1t allspice
1t turmeric
1t cinnamon
12 dried bay leaves, chopped small

Mix the lot together and store in an airtight container. Sprinkle with abandon on potatoes (or any other vegetable for that matter) before roasting.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails